Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pesto Pasta

Tonight, after the squash soup incident, I couldn't make myself eat the leftovers, so I decided to go with my ole standby: pasta.
I had all the ingredients I needed, so it seemed good. After a nasty day at work, I got home late, and requested that Matt get the pasta boiling (which he forgot, but upon me entering the house, he was sweet and remembered, so he got it out for me). Anyway, I went with angel hair pasta with pesto.
PESTO PASTA
About 1/4 of the angel hair pasta package
olive oil
pesto
garlic
salt and pepper
parmesan
 So I boiled the pasta, drained it, then put it back in the pot with some olive oil. Then I added about 2 big teaspoons of pesto, and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. Then, I put salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese on it. It was YUMMY! I have to give my friend, Lyndsie, some credit because she made some awesome mac and cheese last night and said parmesan was her best ingredient in there. That lead me to remembering to add parmesan. I only had the sprinkle kind, so you can only imagine how some fresh parmesan would have made this EVEN better.
Anyway, it was perfect, and I loved it. Pasta is my fave (okay, and guacomole). Oh, and don't forget the chop sticks. I really believe they
make any pasta dish better. Makes me feel special. I even eat my
ramen noodles with them.

You can see Larry wanting the pasta, too...then, in the picture
below, we're having a stand off over the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters