Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It was a leftovers and go out to eat week

We really haven't cooked much this week. Monday we had leftovers from Sunday (BBQ that my dad had fixed), then Tuesday we went to this Vietnamese restaurant called "Saigon Le"...it's soooo yum. You can get so much food for such a small price. We, like disgusting gluttons, had 2 beers a piece, an appetizer, soup, and an entree (but these entree's are pretty huge!). The appetizer was called 'crunchy shrimp on a skewer' or something, and it was crispy fried noodles wrapped around shrimp on a skewer, and you dipped it in this yummy sauce. They were so interesting and very good. I got hot and sour soup, too, which was very tasty. For Matt's entree it was a pretty traditional meat with sauce veggies and rice type dish.  It was huge, though...I think it was called Chicken Szechwan. I ordered this dish that came with rice paper, a bowl of water, lots of greens (lettuce, cilantro, and mint), cucumber, and 'meatballs' (which was really sliced pork). Anyway, you have to wet the rice paper to get it soft, then fill it with all of the good stuff, then wrap it up into what looks like a spring roll. It was awesome, and really fun to do.
Anyway, I'll try to find a picture of it on the internet.
Tonight I had my standby: pesto pasta. Matt had a rotisserie chicken...okay okay! I had some of the chicken, too....like almost half...and some hummus (gosh, maybe all of this food tracking will help me calm down on the intake!).
I totally ate more than Matt, but I blamed it on the fact that I didn't make his lunch today, so he went to McDonald's and had a Big Mac meal, while I had a turkey wrap. there!
:)
So, I couldn't find a picture of the food, but here's the restaurant. Doesn't look like much, but it's great! For anyone familiar with Memphis, this is on Cleveland, near the Methodist University (north of it).


Okay, I found this picture. It doesn't look exact, but you can see the rice paper in the bottom left being dipped in the water to get soft. Then, you stuff it with meat/veggies, and wrap it up, and it looks like the thing on the plate all lonely to the bottom right. Mine were much larger and looked different, but that's the general idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters