Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cheap Eats

Well, too bad I decided to start doing the food blog soon before we went on a trip to Europe. We've been saving (and X-ing the calendar) for what seems like forever leading up to this, but we still planned to do a grocery spending freeze as part of the last month of savings plan.  We basically ate every food out of our freezer, refrigerator, and pantry. Even the chicken broth, all pasta, and frozen veggies that had been there for maybe years. I have to admit only half of the freezer bag was edible because of all of the excess freezer burn. Anyway, it's all worth it, and I'm hoping this down to the wire saving allows me to come back with some cool souvenirs. I specifically want to find some cool street vendor or market paintings/sketches that we could take home and frame later of beautiful scenes that my camera won't be able to do justice for.

Anyway, we'll be gone for 10 days, so no cooking for that whole time! I'll have to post pictures from our food over there....and yes, sadly that will be about half of my pictures. That IS a lot of the culture to me. I just like to dive in and eat/drink/do what they do over there. I'll try the weird stuff, but I'm thinking that I won't consider anything weird...just YUMMY!

So, here was one of our last "clean the pantry/freezer" meals before Europe and Matt made an ordeal of it. It was sweet because I had come home from a LOOOONNNNGG day at work. Not bad, just a late one, so I was starving and this concoction hit the spot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters