Thursday, March 4, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese takes over

      *****this picture is not of my from the box dinners, but I thought it was pretty:)
          
This week was a macaroni and cheese week. It was interesting. Sorta weird. I went to Kroger on Sunday after a baby shower I went to, and I was feeling nauseous for some reason, so NOTHING looked good. I got what Matt eats for lunches, but nothing looked good to me, so I couldn't bring myself to buying any of our normal foods. I ended up coming home with Matt's stuff, numerous boxes/assortments of macaroni and cheese, and hot and spicy pork rinds. Yes. Disgusting and strange, I know.
Seriously, I went down the mac and cheese area and bought no two like items. I got the off brand box kind, the velveeta 2% fat box kind, and then four different types of individual mac and cheese meals: white cheddar, triple cheese, original (all kraft), then 1 velveeta. Matt thought I'd totally lost it. I can't even try to explain. It was like I passed out and came home with a lifetime supply of the goodness.
So, we ate that all week.
Plus, Matt went to the grocery store (probably disgusted with my purchases), and bought a few things he could make. One thing that was good was freezer food egg rolls. They were good.
This week has been a go out for lunch week, too. When I wasn't eating mac and cheese for lunch, I had sushi with my group at work, then today we celebrated one of our old co-workers being home by going to her favorite Memphis spot, Huey's. She lives in Baltimore, now, so it was a treat!
Then, tonight Carrie had a CA-bi party, and I got to eat her good food for dinner. There was chicken salad, spinach/artichoke dip, chocolate covered strawberries, and a vegetable tray. I was all over the dip, and the chicken salad is so good. I need that recipe to share.
Anyway, that's it for now! It was a lazy 64 cent meal week (yes...one of the off brand boxes was 64 cents)
awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters