Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wedding time! comes with good food of course


So, this is pretty fun; getting to write about my wedding as if it were actually something that happened recently, when really all of these pictures were taken 3 years ago. Still trying to get caught up. I think I will actually just catch this blog up, then turn to the other blog that I keep as my current events blog. Right now it's supposed to be a house blog, but I see an end in sight for the house, and really...that blog has waivered more into the land of random more than house:)

wow, digression.

Below are some pictures from my bridesmaids luncheon, wedding, and honeymoon.
Where are the rehearsal dinner pics? Well, I am guessing I was just a little too excited to remember to take pictures, and I didn't have a photographer there. But, i remember the food VERY well. We started with Prosecco, and cheese and meat platters, then they had an "all you can eat" type serving of pumpkin ravioli, meat ravioli, and lasagna. It was INCREDIBLE. I said I remembered it very well, but I lied. There was another entree, and also I forgot what dessert was, but I love Italian and this night was perfect for many reasons, food only being one of them.



The table at the bridesmaids luncheon. Quiche, chicken salad stuff tomato, and I can't remember what else..
Hmmm, looks like a strawberry salad, and rolls, and I might have lied about the quiche.


Reception candy table
My cake!! I want some right now.
Matt's cake. Also very yummy.
Some veggies
The punch
oh yes
CHEESE
Also (what I remember) is stuffed mushrooms, shrimp and grits, some meats- can't remember, and stuff. Sadly, the food was one of my favorite decisions to make throughout the planning, and now I can't remember what all was there. I just remember it being 7 food items + punch + both cakes for $10/person. Go Me and My Tea Room! They were great.
First night of honeymoon. At Joe's Stone Crabs in Miami. We flew from Memphis to Miami, spent the night, then Miami to Barbados, to Union Island, and then a boat ride to Petit St. Vincent. We are planning on our 10 year reunion being there. 7 more years, woop! It's a lot of travel, but the seculsion and beauty is just AMAZING and so peaceful.

We arrive at our little cottage. That was the drink bar.
A dinner menu and then an already eaten dinner:) They would deliver to the room or wherever. You just raised a little flag with your menu selections and where on the 2 mile radius island you'd like it delivered and viola!
Breakfast. Yum.
these cute little banana cages were around the beaches on the island. This type of banana is best green.
Our drinks; delivered by the golf cart driving delivery service.
Lobster roll during our hike.


We decided to take them up on 'you can eat anywhere' and we just moved our tables and chairs out to our little patio this night. Check out the door bell. Far from there they'd be standing, pulling a rope to ring the bell to announce they were there. Very cool.



Dinner one night.

Our afternoon snack. It's funny b/c the standard afternoon snack would be fruit. well, I'm not a fruit eater, so I tried writing on the selection menu, "if you guys have cheese and crackers, that'd be great!" It worked; look at me being all demanding.
We had dinner at the main lodge restaurant one night.
Oh. How I LOVED breakfast here.


Anyway, there we go! That was a summary of wedding and honeymoon foods!

1 comment:

  1. I WANT TO GO TO THIS PLACE!!! Please send me details! We're trying to plan our next BIG trip and this looks AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counters