Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lucca - March 2010


Lucca is a beautiful little town, all enclosed by walls.... an old medieval town. Now, you can ride your bike or walk around the walls. Matt and I came here after leaving Pisa and stayed for about 3-4 hours. I really loved it. It was such a nice change of pace from the touristy spots. We toured the whole town in no time, and then enjoyed a snack (imagine that) and glass of wine (and, again) in a big open sqaure so we could people watch and enjoy the weather.



View from the outside of the town


Bell tower


Another view of the walls. It was really cool. You had to walk through the walls and wind around to actually enter the city. Usually, i'd seem really scary because it's almost like a cave for a second, but I really don't think they have much crime here.

Our afternoon break


I look like a freak face, but this is where we sat and enjoyed some of the afternoon.


Bruschetta (yum) with sardines (baaad idea). I like to think I'm adventurous with food and whatever, but these were gross. They were so salty that they took over the whole flavor. I was all sad because I wanted to soak in the tomato/olive oil goodness, but just got a mouthfull of salty fish:) It was worth the 'experience' or something.

Overall, this place was definitely worth visiting, especially if you ever go to Pisa because they are so close together. Plus, the sound of "Lucca" just sounds cool. Lucca. Lucca. Yep, very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters